Your home should be a sanctuary: a place to relax and unwind at the end of a hectic day. Whether I am staging a home to sell or redesigning a home for people to enjoy, I always incorporate a few basic touches to incorporate the “cozy retreat” factor. Here they are!
- A monochromatic color palette with colors like white, cream, beige, gray and taupes. No bright or jarring colors.
- Simple design with no clutter. Trust me you all flax more with less stuff!
- Books, blankets, candles and fresh flowers. These create ambiance.
- make sure your windows are clean and let the sunlight in…also open your windows whenever possible for freshness.
- In corporate natural elements in your decor.
- Don’t overlook the importance of all rooms-kitchen, bathrooms and bedrooms too.