Author Archives kathyregini
This is the handout I give to sellers after I have staged, so they can keep the house looking great for open houses or showings.
Open House Checklist
- House clean
- Beds made
- Dishes washed and put away
- Trash bins emptied
- Everyday papers and clutter out of sight
- All window coverings opened
- All lights on
- Fresh towels in bathrooms
- Thermostat at a comfortable temperature
- Fireplace going during Fall and Winter months
- Battery operated candles on
- Garage door down, and no cars in the driveway
- Decks and patios swept clean
- Lawn mowed
- All signs that a pet lives there are removed.
- Pets and family members away during open house
Provided by Kathy Regini, owner of A Change of Space
A welcoming and beautiful dining room doesn’t just happen by putting a table down with some chairs around it. Just like the rest of the house, the details really matter. If you feel like your eating space could use a little something, here are a few ideas:
If you are thinking of selling your home, updating a tired kitchen is one of the best ways to spend your money. Kitchens can make or break the sale of your home! Here are some lower cost updates to consider:
- Paint cabinets white
- Put on new handles & pulls
- Remove a boxy upper cabinet and add some open shelving instead.
- Replace lighting. New pendants especially.
- Add a new back splash.
- If it’s in your budget, replace white appliances with mid range stainless steel
By doing these things, you can avoid having to buy new cabinets and counters, which is the bulk of the cost of a full blown kitchen remodel. Just be sure to choose colors and materials that appeal to most people.