Sheet backsplash is becoming very popular. The continuous material is very functional as it eliminates the need for grout, making cleanup super easy. It’s also sleek and doesn’t compete with some of the busier granite counter tops with lots of movement. Here are a few examples in glass, quartz & stainless steel.
Author Archives kathyregini
1. Plan on Chaos-It will be messy, loud and frustrating. Unexpected delays and inevitable inconveniences that come from living in a construction zone are a part of the process. You’ll handle the lows better if you expect this from the start.
2. Don’t look for the cheapest materials-you get what you pay for for the most part. Invest in quality.
3. Don’t go too trendy…the latest & hottest thing is usually short term. Go classic that will stand the test of time.
This is the handout I give to sellers after I have staged, so they can keep the house looking great for open houses or showings.
Open House Checklist
- House clean
- Beds made
- Dishes washed and put away
- Trash bins emptied
- Everyday papers and clutter out of sight
- All window coverings opened
- All lights on
- Fresh towels in bathrooms
- Thermostat at a comfortable temperature
- Fireplace going during Fall and Winter months
- Battery operated candles on
- Garage door down, and no cars in the driveway
- Decks and patios swept clean
- Lawn mowed
- All signs that a pet lives there are removed.
- Pets and family members away during open house
Provided by Kathy Regini, owner of A Change of Space
A welcoming and beautiful dining room doesn’t just happen by putting a table down with some chairs around it. Just like the rest of the house, the details really matter. If you feel like your eating space could use a little something, here are a few ideas: