To create a wonderful home office that you actually want to work in, here are some ideas:
- Keep the look consistent with the rest of your home.
- Comfort is key, but try not to use those black”office chairs” found at office supply stores. They are not homey!
- Use some wood tones for warmth-offices that are all metal, plastic and glass just don’t feel good.
- Utilize attractive storage solutions to hide office clutter, and cords.
- Have plenty of good lighting-task & ambient.
- Hang beautiful art.
- Add additional seating is space permits.
- If you office already has wood floors and wood built ins, consider lightening things with a gala table desk and a light colored rug.