If you have a hallway with carpet and bare walls, you know how boring it can feel. Hallways are frequently overlooked when it comes to home decor. But you spend a decent amount of time traveling your hallways, and a stylish and welcoming hallway can be a wonderful way to access all the other spaces of your home. Here are some tips.
- If it is carpeted, switch to wood floors. Or at least place a beautiful runner with some pattern and color. Warm and welcoming.
- Hallways are a great place for family photo collections, mirrors, or large art. It can look like an art gallery!
- Consider a shallow console table or shallow floating shelf to break up the long lines.
- If you are willing to tear into the drywall, consider a large alcove, or shallow built- in bookshelves.
- Add wall sconces for decorative lighting.