If you are selling your home, you should not slack on curb appeal just because it’s winter. Making that great first impression is still very important. Here are a few pointers:
- Remove any snow/ice on front walk way. It is not a good feeling to slip and slide–we only want positive thoughts as buyers approach the home.
- Keep the yard tidy. Rake and use the blower to pick up debris.
- Make sure the front door is perfect-paint or stain if needed, replace dated or worn hardware, and possibly even add a beautiful winter wreath.
- Clean the front porch lighting so the glass sparkles, and make sure the bulbs match and give off good light.
- Add a large planter or two with cold weather plants in them such as small evergreen trees or bushes.
- Place a large, good quality mat in front of door.